Alaska Marine Ecosystem Forum
The Council has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with 10 Federal agencies and 4 State agencies, to create the Alaska Marine Ecosystem Forum (AMEF). The AMEF seeks to improve coordination and cooperative understanding between the agencies on issues of shared responsibilities related to the marine ecosystems off Alaska’s coast. The purpose of the forum is to:
- Promote dialogue and information exchange.
- Improve agency coordination by sharing priorities and data.
- Allow agencies to understand the ecosystem impact of other activities.
- Provide opportunities for problem solving and joint work.
2011 - August 9: Agenda
2010 - January 25: Agenda, Meeting Summary, Handouts
2009 - June 10: Agenda; Meeting Summary, Handouts
2008 - August 7: Agenda, Meeting Summary
2008 - January 28: Agenda; Meeting Summary, Handouts
2007 - July 26: Agenda; Meeting Summary, Handouts
2006 - September 18: Agenda; Meeting Summary
Alaska Marine Ecosystem Forum Members - Agency heads or Representatives
- National Marine Fisheries Service
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Minerals Management Service
- National Park Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Forest Service
- United States Coast Guard
- Alaskan Command
- United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- Department of Fish and Game
- Department of Natural Resources
- Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development